Terms of Service (TextPort.com)
Revised: September 22nd, 2013
Users of this site and the software provided by this site are bound by the following
Terms of Service, which may, at any time, be changed at the sole discretion of the
site. The latest version and date will always be posted on this page on the site.
Continued usage of the site and services provided implies acceptance of these Terms
- By clicking the Send button, you agree to accept and abide by the following Terms
- You agree to use the free portions of this service for private, non-commercial and
non-automated use only.
- You understand and agree that some cellular carriers may charge a fee to the receiving
party if the phone has not been activated to receive SMS (text) messages. It is
the responsibility of you, the sender to determine whether the recipient is subject
to such charges.
- You will accept all responsibility for any charges or damages incurred by the receiving
party for incoming messages, or for any replies they transmit back.
- You agree not to use this Service for any unlawful or illegal purpose and to comply
with all applicable local laws.
- You agree not to use this Service to harrass others or willfully send messages with
the intent of running up the cellular service bill of a recipient.
- You agree not to use this service to send any form of bulk messages, advertising,
SPAM or any content that would be considered offensive to the receiving party. TextPort
has IP address monitoring mechanisms in place to track rapid, repeated use of the
site by parties who attempt to exploit the service to distribute such material.
- You agree not to transmit any messages that would be considered harrassment or offensive
to the receiving party.
- TextPort will not be liable for any lack of privacy you may experience while using
this Service. The user understands that messages will traverse public networks (Internet)
and the networks of cellular providers, thus privacy cannot be guaranteed.
- TextPort makes all reasonable efforts to provide quality delivery of messages, but
cannot guarantee delivery of messages. Outside factors such as cellular provider
outages, network outages prevent us from being able to guarantee delivery of messages.
- TextPort will never sell, rent, trade or otherwise distribute any data it retains
resulting from your use of this site.
Abuse of This Site
- Use and benefit from our service, but please don't abuse it.
- Use of this service to distribute messages of deformation, hate, terror, illegal
substance or arms trafficking, child pornography or other crimes is strictly prohibited.
If requested, the operators of this site and its services will cooperate fully with
law enforcement or government agencies in procuring data related to any suspected
- Use of the site to intentionally transmit multiple messages to third parties for
the purposes of harassment or attempts to run up a recipients mobile service bill
is strictly prohibited. TextPort continually monitors for such activity and retains
IP address information. If requested this information relating to illegitimate mass-distribution
of messages will be turned over to law enforcement or government agencies.